We’re cutting down the amount of red meat we eat and making all our family meals vegetarian so we’re starting with this asparagus and mushroom pasta from Slimming World.
Asparagus and Mushroom Pasta
- 500g asparagus spears, trimmed
- 500g dried tagliatelle or spaghetti or linguine
- 400g mushrooms, sliced if large
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 roasted red peppers in brine from a jar, drained and sliced
- Cut off the asparagus tips and set aside. Roughly chop the stalks and cook in a saucepan of boiling water over a high heat for 6 minutes or until tender.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and put in a food processor with 150ml of the cooking liquid. Purée, season to taste and keep warm.
- Top up the pan with boiling water and cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, adding the asparagus tips 3 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for 3 minutes then reduce the heat to low, add the garlic and fry for a further 1 minute.
- Drain the pasta and asparagus tips and return to the pan. Stir in the peppers, mushrooms and asparagus sauce and serve in shallow bowls.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World