Ant made these bean and rice burritos for us and we all really enjoyed them. No one noticed that he’d forgotten to put the rice in!
Bean and Rice Burritos
- 150g dried long-grain rice
- 400g can red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 400g can mixed pulses in water, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 125g fat-free natural Greek yogurt, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
For the wraps:
- 10 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh parsley
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions then drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, make the wraps. Crack the eggs into a large measuring jug, whisk until smooth and season with a pinch of salt. Stir in the parsley.
- Spray a small non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- When hot, pour in one-eighth of the egg mixture (or enough to just cover the bottom of the pan), tilting the pan to spread the egg around.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned underneath then flip over and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the wrap to a baking sheet lined with baking parchment, cover with another sheet of parchment and keep warm. Spray the pan again with low-calorie cooking spray and make another seven wraps in the same way, adding each cooked wrap to the pile.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add the kidney beans, pulses and tomato purée and warm through for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and season to taste.
- Stir the beans into the rice and divide between the egg wraps.
- Scatter over the tomato, red onion and cucumber, and roll up loosely (you might need to hold the wraps in place with cocktail sticks).
- Serve hot with fat-free natural Greek yogurt and lime wedges to squeeze over.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World