Cauliflower Rosti Pie – Slimming World Recipe
Poor Ant had tears streaming while grating the onion for this cauliflower rosti pie!
It says it serves four people but it served 5 of us and there was even a portion left for Ant to have for his lunch the next day.
Cauliflower Rosti Pie
6 syns per serving if not using the cheese as a healthy extra.
- 700g potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 egg whites
- 1 onion, coarsely grated
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Steamed green beans, to serve
For the filling:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 800g cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- A small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 120g Red Leicester cheese, grated
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Place the potatoes in a colander and sprinkle lightly with salt. Set aside for 10 minutes, then squeeze out the excess water.
- Mix together the potatoes, egg whites and grated onion.
- Spoon into a 22cm rectangular pie dish and spread out evenly, lining the bottom and patting the mixture up the sides to make a ‘crust’.
- Spray lightly with low-calorie cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, cover with foil and bake for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the filling, spray a large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic and cauliflower, and stir in the stock.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the cauliflower has started to soften.
- Allow to cool, then stir in the dried herbs, parsley, half the cheese, the tomatoes and the beaten eggs.
- Remove the pie crust from the oven. Spoon in the cauliflower mixture, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and the smoked paprika.
- Bake for a further 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve with plenty of green beans.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World