Sticky 5-Spice Gammon
Gammon is one of our favourite meats. I always get a piece bigger than we need because the kids love to have plenty of leftovers to snack on.
Another favourite flavour is 5 spice so I couldn’t wait to try bringing the two together. It was delicious 🙂
Ant did have to cook some without the five-spice, though, because Kaycee doesn’t like it (there’s always one!).
This serves 4 and is 1 syn per serving
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Chinese five-spice powder – 2 tsp
- 4 Gammon steaks – all visible fat removed and cut into bite-sized chunks
- Red chillies – 2, deseeded and finely chopped
- Clear honey – 1 level tbsp
- Boiling chicken stock – 100ml
- Dark soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Sprinkle the five-spice powder over the gammon and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until brown at the edges.
- Add the chillies, honey, stock and soy sauce. Stir well and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until the sauce is sticky and the gammon is glazed and golden.
- Serve with noodles and a speed vegetable stir fry or leave the noodles and make it an SP meal.