Minestrone soup is one of my favourites. The canned versions are quite low in syns if you need lunch in a hurry but I prefer this Slimming World homemade version. It’s syn free and so tasty.
I’ve not put it in this recipe but I think next time we make it, we’ll add some smoked bacon 🙂
- 100g dried orecchiette or conchiglie pasta – If you don’t have this type of pasta, any shaped pasta will do.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and diced
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ small pack fresh rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 500g passata
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Chopped fresh basil, to serve
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick saucepan or casserole pan with low-calorie cooking spray and put it over a medium heat. Add the leek, red onion, carrot, celery and red peppers, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, rosemary, bay leaves and oregano and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Crumble in the stock cubes and add the tomato purée, passata and 500ml hot water, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes, still covered.
- Stir in the beans and pasta and return to the boil. Discard the bay leaves, season to taste and scatter over the basil to serve.
For more recipes, click here
Here are a few links to some of the most popular Slimming World recipes on my blog
Recipe from Slimming World