Chunky Root Vegetable Hotpot – Slimming World Recipe
This chunky root vegetable hotpot is a cheap and hearty meal for those cold Winter evenings.
Chunky Root Vegetable Hotpot
- 1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 celery sticks, roughly sliced
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 turnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 60g yellow split peas
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 300g small button mushrooms
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Place the onion and celery and half of the stock in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining stock along with the garlic, turnips, carrots, parsnips and potatoes.
- Bring back to the boil and add the split peas, tomatoes, mushrooms and rosemary.
- Bring the mixture back to boil once again, reduce the heat, season well and simmer gently 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle over the chopped parsley, if using, and serve immediately.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World