Banana Bread – Slimming World Style
My Nan-Nan makes the best banana bread and I was missing it. In fact, she makes the best cakes and I was missing cakes so I went searching for a recipe to help with my cravings!
I didn’t think I’d be able to find a Slimming World recipe for my favourite cake of hers, lemon drizzle, because of the sugar topping so I found my next favourite 🙂
This Slimming World recipe works out at about 2 syns per slice when cut into 10 slices. To be honest, it is hard to stick at one slice, though!
The kids all enjoyed it which was great because it stopped me eating it all by myself!
- 56g self-raising flour
- 200g mashed banana
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6
- Separate 2 eggs and put the yolks in a bowl with the other 2 eggs.
- Add the sweetener, flour and mashed banana and mix it well
- Whisk the other 2 egg whites until stiff peaks form then fold it into the flour and banana mixture
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and carefully pour in the mixture
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is brown and a skewer inserted in to the middle comes out clean