Chilli Bean Cottage Pie – Slimming World Recipe
Two of my favourite foods, cottage pie and chilli con carne are combined to make this totally delicious chilli bean cottage pie.
Chilli Bean Cottage Pie
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained
- 220g swede, peeled
- 220g parsnips, peeled
- 400g potatoes, peeled
- 4 tbsp skimmed milk
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 120g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with the low-calorie cooking spray, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the oregano, chilli powder and tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes on a low heat.
- Add the kidney beans and cook for a further 10 minutes until the mixture is fairly thick.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish. Meanwhile, cook the swede, parsnips and potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for about 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Drain and mash with the milk.
- Season to taste and spread over the chilli bean mixture. Sprinkle with the cheese and place under a preheated hot grill for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World