Chunky Winter Vegetable Stew – Slimming World Recipe
My Nan-Nan used to make THE best stew when I was younger. I always looked forward to having her homemade stew followed by homemade lemon drizzle cake.
I can’t promise you lemon drizzle cake but this recipe for chunky Winter vegetable stew is very tasty, filling and syn free 🙂
Chunky Winter Vegetable Stew
- 1 onion, chopped
- 425ml vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 turnips, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 275g parsnips, sliced
- 450g potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 75g red lentils
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 225g mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tsp dried or 1 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 1 tsp dried or 1 tbsp freshly chopped oregano
- Place the onion and half of the stock into a large saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining stock, garlic, turnip, carrots, parsnips and potatoes. Bring back to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients. Place back on the heat, bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables and lentils are cooked to the desired consistency. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Slimming World
Here are some links to more Slimming World recipes