Nacho Style Feast – Slimming World Recipe
When I first tasted this all I could think of to say was, “Oh My God!” Our consultant shared the recipe for this nacho style feast with us during Image Therapy at my Slimming World group. I knew I had to try it because it contained everything I love!
Potato wedges, chilli and cheese in a bowl is ultimate comfort food for me 🙂
It felt like I was having a really naughty takeaway but really I was having a totally syn free dinner! If not using the Primula as a healthy extra, add 6 syns.
Nacho Style Feast
Syn free when using the cheese as a healthy extra
- 2 baking potatoes, cut into wedges
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250g 5% fat or less minced beef
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 230g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- Schwartz Perfect Shake Fajita
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 150g Primula Light Cheese
- Fresh Jalapeno chillies, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Put the wedges on a non-stick baking tray, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and season.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then turn, spray again and bake for a further 25 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat.
- Add the mince and stir-fry for 10 minutes, then add the onion and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the canned tomatoes.
- Sprinkle in the cumin, fajita seasoning, paprika and a few twists of black pepper.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in the fresh tomatoes then remove from the heat.
- Preheat your grill to high.
- Tip the wedges into an ovenproof dish, spoon over the mince and squeeze over the whole tube of Primula light cheese.
- Sprinkle with the chillies, if using, and grill for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese starts to brown.
- Divide between 2 plates and serve.
For more recipes, click here