Slimming World Cottage Pie with mustard mash
Slimming World Cottage Pie
I totally forgot to take a photo of the cottage pie I made. We make it quite often so if I remember, I’ll grab a photo next time!
Syns per serving – 0.5
You will need:
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g minced beef (5% fat or less)
- 2 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1.5kg potatoes peeled and chopped
- 4 level teaspoons wholegrain mustard (0.5 syn per tsp)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6
- Boil the potatoes until cooked. Drain, mash and add the mustard. If you want a creamier mash, add a couple of tablespoons of fat-free natural yogurt or fromage frais. Set aside.
- Spray a frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and fry the onions and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced beef and cooked until browned.
- Stir in the herbs, chopped tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and tomato puree.
- Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes
- Spoon the beef mixture into an oven proof casserole dish. Top with the mashed potato and put in the oven for 30 minutes or until the top has browned.
- Serve with your choice of vegetables.