Szechuan Beef Slimming World Recipe
This Szechuan beef recipe has chillis and chilli sauce in it but I think we’re going to leave them out or not add as much because Ella doesn’t like anything spicy.
1.5 syns per serving
- 400g of lean rump, sirloin or fillet steak, visible fat removed
- 1 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 level tsp cornflour
- 2½ cm piece fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 fresh chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- A good pinch of Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Trim off any fat on the steak and slice the meat thinly.
- Mix the soy sauce, water, vinegar, salt, cornflour and ginger together in a bowl.
- Add the strips of steak and turn them in the marinade. Cover and leave to marinate in the refrigerator or a cool place for 30 minutes.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok or a deep frying pan, and stir in the garlic, chilli and Chinese five-spice powder. Cook for 1 minute, then add the marinated beef.
- Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until the beef is brown outside but slightly pink and juicy inside. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the peppers and stir-fry for 2 minutes, then return the steak and any remaining marinade to the wok, together with the chilli sauce. Stir-fry briskly over a medium heat for 1 minute.
- Season with plenty of black pepper and scatter the chilli and spring onion over the top. Serve immediately.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World
Here are a few links to some of the most popular Slimming World recipes on my blog