Char Sui Pork Noodles Slimming World Recipe
We’re going to be having a Slimming World Chinese Fakeaway night at the weekend so I thought I’d share the recipes with you.
Our first recipe is for Char Sui Pork Noodles.
Char Sui Pork Noodles
- 5 large garlic cloves
- 30g fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 level tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 400g lean pork loin, visible fat removed, thinly sliced
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tbsp rice vinegar
- 250g dried medium egg noodles
- 600g mixed stir-fry vegetables
- Put the garlic and ginger in a small food processor and blend until fairly smooth.
- Put one-third of the paste in a wide bowl, add the five-spice and 2 tbsp soy sauce and mix well.
- Add the pork, stir to coat well and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Add the remaining ginger and garlic paste and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the stock cube, tomato purée, paprika and 300ml boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and remaining soy sauce and bring to a boil.
- Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions and drain well.
- Spray a non-stick wok or large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the pork, fry for 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through, and transfer to a plate.
- Spray the wok with more low-calorie cooking spray, add the vegetables and a splash of water and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Return the pork to the pan, add the noodles, sauce and a little water and bring to a simmer. Serve piping hot.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World