Blueberry and Lemon Cheesecake Jars Slimming World Recipe
Who doesn’t love a cheesecake? It’s one of my favourite desserts and these blueberry and lemon cheesecake jars are delicious. Even KayCee likes them and she’s not usually a fan of anything containing Quark!
Blueberry and lemon cheesecakes
5 syns per serving
- 1 level tbsp low-fat spread
- 3 reduced-fat digestive biscuits
- 3½ level tbsp sweetener
- 100g extra-light soft cheese
- 300g plain quark
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 200g blueberries
- 1 level tsp arrowroot
- Melt the spread in a small saucepan over a low heat. Crush the biscuits in a sealable food bag and stir them into the melted spread with ½ level tbsp sweetener. Spoon the mixture equally between 4 x 200ml jars (small Kilner jars are ideal but any fancy jam jars will do).
- Beat the soft cheese, quark, lemon zest, 2 tbsp lemon juice and 2 level tbsp sweetener together in a bowl until smooth. Divide this mixture between the jars, spooning on top of the biscuit crumbs.
- Put the rest of the lemon juice into a small saucepan with 150g blueberries and the remaining sweetener. Bring to a gentle simmer over a low heat and cook for 2 minutes, or until the berries have just burst.
- Mix the arrowroot with 1 tsp cold water, stir it into the blueberries and simmer for a few seconds until thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Divide the cooled blueberries between the cheesecakes and decorate with the remaining blueberries to serve.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World