Peach Ripple Ice Cream – Slimming World Recipe
Peach Ripple Ice Cream
Ice cream is one of my favourite desserts. I was very pleased when I saw this Slimming World peach ripple ice cream recipe that’s only 1 syn per 40g scoop!
It’s packed with flavour and rounds off a meal nicely. If you have an ice cream maker, you’ll get a creamier texture than we did but it’s still nice 🙂
- 4 large ripe peaches or 2 x 400g canned peaches in juice, drained well
- 4 level tbsp sweetener granules
- 250g low-fat custard from a can or carton
- 200g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 4 level tbsp reduced-sugar peach or apricot jam
- If you're using fresh peaches, put them in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and leave for 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, lift them into a bowl of cold water to cool.
- Peel, halve and discard the stones then slice the flesh.
- Put the slices into food processor with the sweetener and blend well until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the custard and fromage frais and mix well.
- Pour into a lidded freezer proof container, cover and freeze until firm but not rock hard.
- Scoop into the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Return to the container and freeze once more. Repeat the process 2-3 times until really smooth (alternatively, churn using an ice cream maker if you have one)
- After blending the mixture for the last time, spoon one-third of the ice cream mixture into the freezer proof lidded container and spoon over half the jam.
- Repeat the layers then spoon over the remaining ice cream. Using a round-bladed knife, marble the ice cream and jam together lightly, then cover and freeze until firm.
- Soften at room temperature for 20 minutes then serve in a bowl, on a cone (add 1/2 syn), sandwiched between regular wafers (1/2 syn for 2) or with a fan wafer (2 syns each)
I love my little ice cream cone dishes. They came in the charity shop one day while I was working and I snapped them up! Ant loves them because they hold the perfect amount of ice cream for him.
Coming soon: Eton Mess Semifreddo, Filo Apple Pie, Blueberry & Yogurt Muffins
For more recipes, click here