Filo Apple Pie – Slimming World Recipe
Warning: mysqli_query(): (HY000/1021): Disk full (/tmp/#sql_272a_2.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device") in /home/shelllou/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 2007
WordPress database error: [Disk full (/tmp/#sql_272a_2.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device")]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON t.term_id = tt.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (16427) ORDER BY t.name ASC
Filo Apple Pie
Ant made this filo apple pie for me while I was busy working. We had it for dessert when Granddad came round for dinner and I served it with warm custard.
It’s only 4 syns per serving and whilst it’s not proper apple pie with delicious buttery pastry, it was good enough for me. It hit the spot when I needed something sweet.
I had custard with mine which cost me 3 syns so the dessert was 7 syns in total. I’m trying to use my syns with my meals instead of saving them up to use on rubbish while I’m watching TV at night.
I tend to snack at night even when I’m not hungry. To get me out of the habit, I’ve taken up cross stitch. We’re trying more Slimming World desserts for me to use my syns on so look out for more recipes!
- 4 medium apples
- 1 and a half level tbsp sweetener
- 1 quarter tsp mixed spice
- 4 x 20g filo pastry sheets
- low-calorie cooking spray - Butter flavour is best
- 1 quarter level tsp icing sugar to dust
- fat-free natural greek yogurt, to serve
- Preheat the oven Gas 5/190°C/170°C fan
- Put the apples in a large non-stick saucepan with the sweetener, mixed spice and 1 tbsp water
- Cover and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes or until the apples have softened
- Spoon into a shallow 1 litre ovenproof dish and leave to cool
- Place 1 sheet of filo pastry on a clean surface
- Spray lightly with low-calorie cooking spray, fold in half and scrunch it up into a loose rosette
- Place it on top of 1 quarter of the apple mixture and repeat with the remaining sheets
- Make sure the apple mixture is covered
- Spray the pastry with a little more low-calorie cooking spray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden
- Dust with the icing sugar and serve with the yogurt
4 syns per serving
For more recipes, click here