Baked Couscous with Vegetable Chunky Chilli Slimming World Recipe
Ella’s not a fan of anything chilli flavoured so we’ll have to make hers without the spices. Everyone else, however, loves chilli so we’ve all been looking forward to this baked couscous with vegetable chunky chilli 🙂
Baked Couscous with Vegetable Chunky Chilli
- 225g pre-cooked couscous
- 4 medium eggs, beaten
- 225g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large courgette
- 2 baby aubergines
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic
- ½ – 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- Fresh chives to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
- Soak the couscous according to the directions on the packet, and then place in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the eggs, fromage frais, chives and plenty of seasoning. Mix well and transfer to a small non-stick baking tin lined with baking parchment.
- Press down well and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until firm and lightly browned. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Trim and roughly chop the courgette and aubergines and place in a saucepan with the stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, chilli powder to taste and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for a further 5 minutes until thick and tender.
- Cut the couscous into wedges and serve with the sauce, garnished with fresh chives and sprinkled with more ground black pepper if liked.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World