Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies – Countdown To Christmas
Welcome to day 8 of my Countdown To Christmas Cookie Recipes. Today’s recipe is for cinnamon chocolate chip cookies.
Tomorrow’s recipe is for cranberry and coconut cookies.
Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 225g softened butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp orange extract
- 280g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 100g plain chocolate chips
- 1.5 tbsp caster sugar
- 1.5 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon, then beat in the egg yolk and orange extract.
- Sift together the flour and salt into the mixture, add the chocolate chips and stir until thoroughly combined.
- For the cinnamon coating, mix together the sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Scoop out tablespoons of the cookie dough, roll them into balls, then roll them in the cinnamon sugar to co coat.
- Flatten the cookies slightly with your fingers and put them on the prepared baking sheets, spaced well apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Leave to cool on the baking sheets for 5-10 minutes, then, using a palette knife, carefully transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
For more recipes on Shell Louise, click here