Cranberry & Coconut – Countdown To Christmas Cookie Recipes
Welcome to day 9 of my Countdown To Christmas Cookie Recipes. Today’s recipe is for cranberry and coconut cookies.
Tomorrow’s recipe is for candy cane cookies.
Cranberry & Coconut Cookies
- 225g softened butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 280g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 60g dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon, then beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Sift together the flour and salt into the mixture, add the coconut and cranberries and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop up tablespoons of the dough and place in mounds on the prepared baking sheets, spaced well apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Leave to cool on the baking sheets for 5-10 minutes, then using a palette knife, carefully transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
For more recipes on Shell Louise, click here