Chicken & Bacon Risotto – Slimming World Recipe
Chicken and bacon are one of our favourite flavour combinations and this chicken and bacon risotto is pure comfort food.
Chicken & Bacon Risotto
- 2 slices of lean bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 50g cooked lean ham, chopped
- 100g chicken, chopped and cooked
- 1 pinch saffron
- 200g fresh tomatoes, peeled
- 400ml chicken stock
- 100g arborio risotto rice
- 1 clove garlic
- Finely chopped thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the bacon in a frying pan, spray generously with low calorie cooking spray and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the bacon and add the onions and rice and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, stock, thyme and saffron. Mix and cook for 15 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
- When the rice begins to increase in volume, add the cooked chicken, ham and the bacon. Stir, season and cook for another 10 minutes. Leave to stand for 3 minutes before serving.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World