Italian Mushroom, Garlic And Basil Pasta Recipe
I have a thing for pasta at the moment. I’m even choosing it over potatoes which is unheard of for me!
This mushroom, garlic and oregano pasta is syn free and delicious. You can keep a bowl of it in the fridge and have it for a snack when you get peckish.
Talking of garlic, we’ve all heard that it’s supposed to be good for you; if you’d like to read more about the current research on garlic and its benefits, see this link
It makes for very interesting reading 🙂
Italian Mushroom, garlic and basil pasta
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 275g button mushrooms
- 125ml vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 350g dried pasta
- Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- Finely chop the onion and crush the garlic. Heat a frying pan sprayed with a little low-calorie cooking spray, add the onion and garlic and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Quarter the mushrooms, add to the pan and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Pour over the stock and canned tomatoes, season to taste and cook gently, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are soft and the sauce has reduced. Stir in the herbs, keep warm and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and divide between 4 warmed serving bowls. Top with the pasta sauce and serve garnished with fresh basil leaves.
Recipe from Slimming World
For more recipes, click here