Pork Meatballs In A Cheesy Pasta Bake – Slimming World Recipe
Pork Meatballs In A Cheesy Pasta Bake
We don’t often have pasta bake. I’m not sure why because everyone enjoys it and it’s an easy dish to make.
Ant made this Slimming World pasta bake for our dinner and it was so nice I really wanted to go back for seconds. I’m trying to control my portions, though, so seeing as I wasn’t actually hungry, I resisted!
I want to try a chicken and bacon version next time, I think it’ll be delicious 🙂
- For the meatballs
- 500g pork mince 5% fat
- A teaspoon of mixed herbs
- Small onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- For the sauce
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- Large garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300g of your favourite pasta shapes
- 120g mature cheddar, grated
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions
- While the pasta is cooking, put the pork, onion, mixed herbs, Worcestershire sauce and tomato puree in a bowl.
- Smush it all together using your hands (or cheat and use the stand mixer like Ant did!)
- Form into 20 meatballs and fry in low-calorie cooking spray until brown
- Remove from the pan and fry the onion for the sauce until cooked
- Preheat the oven to Gas 4
- Add the garlic and chopped tomatoes, mix well and simmer for 15 minutes
- When the pasta has cooked, drain and return to the pan.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and mix well
- Add the meatballs and stir gently before transferring to an oven-proof dish
- Sprinkle over the Cheddar and bake for 30 minutes
Free on Extra Easy if using the cheese as a healthy extra otherwise it's 6 syns per serving
For more recipe posts, click here