Rich Pork And Vegetable Ragu – Slimming World Recipe
Doing a stock take of the freezer, I found I’d got 20 pork steaks. 20! I tend to order the same things every week without checking what we’ve used and what we haven’t. That’s how I ended up with 20 pork steaks!
This Slimming World pork and vegetable ragu is very versatile. You can serve it with a large, speedy salad, on top of a fluffy jacket potato or with your favourite pasta.
Ant and the kids just had it with his homemade crusty bread. I wasn’t jealous at all!
It tastes even better the next day so you can use any leftovers for your lunch.
Pork And Vegetable Ragu
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 courgettes, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 150ml boiling hot chicken stock
- 1 level tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary leaves
- 800g lean pork steaks or tenderloin, all visible fat removed, cut into large chunks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients into the slow cooker pot, stir well to mix and season to taste.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or until the pork and vegetables are tender.
- Serve immediately with rice, or with a jacket potato and a crisp green salad.
1/2 syn per serving
Click here for more recipes.