Cumin Scented Falafels Slimming World Recipe
I love anything flavoured with cumin and these cumin scented falafels didn’t disappoint. It’s another vegetarian recipe and we’re serving it with sweet potato wedges and beans.
Cumin Scented Falafels
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tbsp very finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 small egg
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Paprika and fat-free natural yogurt, to serve (optional)
- Place the onion, carrot, chickpeas, garlic, ginger, cumin, chilli powder and the ground and fresh coriander in a food processor.
- Pulse and process for 1-2 minutes until blended but still fairly chunky in texture.
- Transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl. Lightly beat the egg and add to the mixture.
- Season with salt and, using your fingers, mix thoroughly to combine. Cover and chill in the fridge for 6-8 hours to firm up and allow the flavours to develop.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment and spray lightly with low-calorie cooking spray.
- Shape the chickpea mixture into 24 bite-sized balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spray lightly with low-calorie cooking spray and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden and firm.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with paprika and the yogurt alongside to dip into.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World