Banana Fritters – Slimming World Recipe
These Slimming World Banana Fritters are really easy to make and so very yummy! I like to have them for breakfast and as a dessert after dinner.
They’re great when served with lots of speed fruit like berries and melon. I also like to add a dollop of fat-free Greek yogurt.
The children loved them as much as I did. Aiden said they were lovely straight from the pan, no topping needed. This from the child who usually loves the toppings more than the pancake!
I have to warn you, though, they are very moreish. It was hard to stop at one portion. When we have them again, I’ll have to make them for the kids first and only leave enough mixture left for one portion for me!
- 3 bananas, peeled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 25g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sweetener
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 2 level tsp icing sugar, to dust
- Put the bananas in a large bowl and mash with a fork. Add the eggs, flour, cinnamon and sweetener and beat well.
- Place a large frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a medium-high heat. Working in batches so the fritters don't touch, drop heaped tablespoons of the mixture into a pan. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the undersides are firm and golden then flip and cook for 2 minutes more or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover and keep warm while you cook the rest (you should get 12 fritters).
- Divide the fritters between 4 dessert plates, scatter over the lime zest, dust with icing sugar and serve with a dollop of fat-free natural fromage frais.
Click here for more recipes.