I love lentil dishes and I love curry so this curried lentils with ginger recipe from Slimming World is perfect for me.
We’re going to have to make Ella something else, however, as she isn’t a curry fan!
Curried Lentils with Ginger
2 syns per serving
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 tbsp grated fresh root ginger
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 level tsp turmeric
- 4 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 75ml canned coconut milk
- 275ml vegetable stock
- 460g cooked lentils
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 level tsp lime pickle
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
For the spice mixture
- 1 level tsp cumin seeds
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 level tbsp coriander seeds
- To make the spice mixture dry roast the spices for 2 minutes over a medium heat, shaking the pan occasionally. Remove the spices and grind in a pestle and mortar.
- Cook the onions and garlic in low-calorie cooking spray over a high heat for 5 minutes, until golden.
- Add the ginger, chilli, cinnamon, turmeric and spice mixture and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, coconut milk and stock and simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked lentils, lime zest and juice and the lime pickle and continue simmering for 15 minutes.
- Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper, if required. Serve the curry with the hard-boiled eggs, garnished with coriander sprigs.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World