Slimming World Recipe – Bean Cassoulet
This Slimming World bean cassoulet is a lovely comforting dish for cold winter evenings.
1.5 syns per serving
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced
- 2 level tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 110ml red wine
- 110ml hot vegetable stock
- 4 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
- 400g canned haricot beans, drained
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Spray a non-stick saucepan with a little low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots and leek and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden.
- Stir in the tomato purée, oregano, red wine, stock and tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and season lightly.
- Cover and simmer gently for about 20 minutes, until reduced.
- Add the soy sauce and cooked beans and continue cooking for about 10-15 minutes, until the sauce is thickened and richly coloured.
- Sprinkle the cassoulet with the parsley and serve with your favourite green veg.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World