Almond And Cranberry Bark Recipe
Welcome to day 15 of our Countdown to Christmas Sweet Treats recipes.
Today we’re making almond and cranberry bark.
- 300g Dark chocolate
- 100g White chocolate
- 200g Roasted almonds
- 100g Dried cranberries
- Cut a piece of non-stick baking paper to the same size as your baking tray. We used a –x– cm baking tray.
Using a damp cloth, wipe the cookie tray before applying the baking paper. This will stop it from moving around.
- Put the dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove the bowl and stir the chocolate.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds then stir again. Repeat until all the chocolate has melted.
- Do the same with the white chocolate.
- If you prefer, you can place the chocolate in a heat-safe bowl over a pan of simmering water and melt it that way. Make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the simmering water.
- Pour the dark chocolate into the prepared tin and spread until even.
- Drop spoonfuls of white chocolate onto the dark chocolate and use a skewer to make swirls.
- Place the almonds and cranberries onto the chocolate and gently press them down.
- Refrigerate the bark until set.
- Remove from the fridge and using the baking paper take the bark and peel off the baking paper. Break into pieces and serve or package into Christmas themed cellophane bags to give as gifts.
Tomorrow we’re making M&M fudge.