Cheesy Colcannon Potato Skins – Slimming World Recipe
What can be better than a jacket potato on a cold January evening? A cheesy colcannon stuffed jacket potato, that’s what!
We had baked beans and gammon with our potatoes, I just didn’t fancy speed foods, I needed some comfort foods!
Cheesy Colcannon Potato Skins
3 Syns per serving
- 4 large baking potatoes (we used smaller potatoes and had 3 halves each instead of 2)
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 150g spring cabbage or spring greens, shredded
- 150g plain Quark
- 80g reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7
- Prick each potato 2-3 times with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Put them straight on to the oven shelf and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until tender with a crisp skin.
- While the potatoes are baking, spray a non-stick baking tray or roasting tin with low-calorie cooking spray.
- Add the onions and seasoning and toss well. Spread out in an even layer and roast alongside the potatoes for 15-20 minutes or until soft and nicely caramelised.
Remove and set aside.
- Boil the cabbage/spring greens for 5 minutes then drain and dry well on a clean tea towel.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and halve them lengthways. Scoop out the flesh into a heatproof bowl and roughly mash.
- Stir in the quark, roasted onions, cabbage or spring greens, half the cheese and some seasoning to taste.
- Wipe the baking tray before spooning the mixture back into the skins and laying them on the baking tray.
- Scatter over the tomatoes, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
- Serve hot with salad.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World