White Chocolate & Plum – Countdown To Christmas Cookie Recipes
Welcome to day 18 of my Countdown To Christmas Cookie Recipes. Today’s recipe is for White Chocolate & Plum cookies.
Tomorrow’s recipe is for Walnut & Fig Pinwheels.
White Chocolate & Plum
- 225g softened butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g plain flour
- 55g cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
- 55g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 15 dried plums, hlaved
- Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon then beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa and salt into the mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. If the dough is too sticky, work in more flour until it doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Halve the dough, shape into balls, wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Unwrap a ball of dough and roll out between 2 sheets of baking paper to 3mm thick.
- Stamp out 15 rounds with a plain 5cm round cutter and place on the prepared baking sheets, spaced well apart.
- Divide the chopped chocolate among the cookies.
- Roll out the remaining dough between 2 sheets of baking paper and stamp out rounds with a 6-7cm cutter. Place them on top of the first cookies and press edges together to seal.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, until firm. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes, then carefully transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- To decorate, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Leave the cookies on the racks. Dip the cut sides of the plums into the melted chocolate and stick them in the middle of the cookies, Spoon the remaining melted chocolate over them and leave to set.
For more recipes on Shell Louise, click here