White Chocolate Christmas Tree Bark Recipe
Welcome to day 5 of our Countdown to Christmas Sweet Treats recipes.
Today we’re making white chocolate Christmas tree bark.
I found this recipe on The Decorated Cookie. Again, I’m using UK measurements in this recipe, for the American recipe, visit the link 🙂
White Chocolate Christmas Tree Bark Ingredients
- 400g White Chocolate
- Green Food Colouring Paste
- Pretzel Sticks
- 5 Crushed Candy Sticks
- Cut a piece of non-stick baking paper to the same size as your baking tray. We used a –x– cm baking tray.
Using a damp cloth, wipe the cookie tray before applying the baking paper. This will stop it from moving around.
- Put the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove the bowl and stir the chocolate.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds then stir again. Repeat until all the chocolate has melted.
- Measure about 100g of melted white chocolate, add a bit of food colouring and mix well. Add food colouring until you get the desired colour.
- Pour the rest of the white chocolate into the prepared tin and smooth out using a spatula.
- Put the green chocolate in a piping bag fitted with a small round nozzle and pipe trees onto the white chocolate.
- Use pretzel sticks for the tree trunks.
- Scatter the candy canes onto the white chocolate, in between the trees
- Refrigerate the bark until set.
- Remove from the fridge and using the baking paper take the bark and peel off the baking paper. Break into pieces and serve or package into Christmas themed cellophane bags to give as gifts.
Tomorrow we’re making Terry’s Chocolate Orange Bark