Blueberry, Cranberry & Cinnamon – Countdown To Christmas Cookie Recipes
Welcome to day 16 of my Countdown To Christmas Cookie Recipes. Today’s recipe is for Blueberry Cranberry & Cinnamon.
Tomorrow’s recipe is for Apple Angels & Pear Stars.
Blueberry Cranberry & Cinnamon Cookies
- 225g softened butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 280g plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 55g dried blueberries
- 55g dried cranberries
- 55g pine kernels, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon, then beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon and salt into the mixture, add the blueberries and cranberries and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spread out the pine kernels in a shallow dish. Scoop up the tablespoons of the mixture and roll them into balls.
- Roll the balls in the pine kernels to coat, then place on the prepared baking sheets, spaced well apart and flatten slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. leave to cool on the baking sheets for 5-10 minutes, then using a palette knife, carefully transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
For more recipes on Shell Louise, click here