Slow Cooker Pork And Apple Casserole
I love meat that has been cooked in a slow cooker and pork is one of my favourite meats. We also have an abundance of apples this year so this recipe for pork and apple casserole will help to get them used up!
Pork and Apple Casserole
- 700g pork steaks, all fat removed and cubed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely sliced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 medium cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 75g red lentils
- 2 vegetable stock cubes dissolved in 450ml of boiling water
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Put everything in the slow cooker and put it on low.
- Cook for 6-8 hours then serve with mashed potato and your choice of vegetables.