Apple & Cinnamon Strudel – Slimming World Recipe
We have an apple tree that always gives us far more apples than we can use. I’m always on the lookout for apple recipes that are also Slimming World friendly; apple and cinnamon strudel covered in custard is a total comfort food for me.
Apple & Cinnamon Strudel
3.5 syns per serving
- 700g cooking apples
- 25g sultanas
- ½ level tsp cinnamon
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 4 level tbsp sweetener
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 4 x small sheets filo pastry
- 25g low-fat spread, melted
- 1 level tsp icing sugar, for dusting
- Peel and core the cooking apples and slice them thinly. Mix in a bowl with the sultanas, cinnamon and lemon zest. Add the sweetener.
- Spray a large baking sheet with low-calorie cooking spray and place a sheet of filo pastry on top. Brush very lightly with the low-fat spread and then cover with a second sheet. Repeat with the remaining two sheets, brushing with more low-fat spread.
- Spoon the apple filling onto the pastry lengthways, leaving the pastry uncovered at the edges. Now roll up from one long side into a cylinder, with the pastry join underneath. Pinch the ends of the cylinder to seal in the filling.
- Brush with the remaining melted low-fat spread and then bake in a preheated oven at 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas Mark 5 for 25-30 minutes, until the pastry is crisp and golden brown.
- Cool slightly before dusting with icing sugar and cutting into eight equal-size slices to serve.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World