Chicken & Cherry Tomato Pasta Bake – Slimming World Recipe
We’re all huge chicken and pasta fans so this chicken and cherry tomato pasta bake is perfect for all of us.
Chicken & Cherry Tomato Pasta Bake
2 syns per serving (add 6 syns if not using the cheese as your healthy extra)
- 400g dried Mafalda corta pasta (or other short pasta shapes)
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 300g broccoli, stalks chopped and florets halved lengthways
- 400ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- 100ml half-fat crème fraîche
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cooked skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g low-fat cottage cheese
- 160g reduced-fat Cheddar, grated
- ½ small pack of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- a handful of runner beans
- Boil the pasta, onion and broccoli stalks for 7 minutes. Add the florets, cook for a further 3 minutes and drain.
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large pan, then whisk in the mustard and crème fraîche and season well.
- Stir in the pasta mixture, chicken, tomatoes, cottage cheese and half the Cheddar, mixing until melted, then stir through the parsley and transfer to a shallow, heatproof dish.
- Preheat your grill to medium-hot. Mix together the remaining Cheddar and the thyme and scatter over the pasta mixture. Put the dish on the base of the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning if it starts to brown unevenly. Remove, leave to stand for 5 minutes, then divide between 4 bowls and serve with the beans on the side.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World