Egg Custard – Slimming World Recipe
People say an egg custard is not the same without the pastry but to me, it’s so much better! I always tried to eat the pastry first so I could save the custardy bit for last. It was very messy but oh so delicious!
Egg Custard Recipe
This Slimming World egg custard recipe is made in ramekins instead of pastry cases to save on the syns. The only thing you’ll have to do is stop yourself from eating all four!
At only 2.5 syns per serving, it’s quite a big portion. The recipe calls for four ramekins but we had too much mixture for only four ramekins so you may want to use larger bowls. As long as the mixture is divided into four portions, the syns will be correct.
- 4 medium eggs
- 600ml skimmed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus a little extra to decorate
- A pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 200g mixed berries
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl until frothy.
- In a pan, heat the milk, vanilla, sweetener and half the cinnamon until nearly boiling, then pour into the eggs in a slow drizzle, whisking continuously.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a large measuring jug. Pour the mixture into 4 ramekins and place on a baking tray. Sprinkle with nutmeg and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until just set.
- Leave to cool, then chill for 3-4 hours. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon and zest.
Click here for more recipes.