Speedy Chicken Jambalaya – Slimming World Recipe
This speedy chicken jambalaya is ready in 30 minutes. It’s great for the nights when one of the girls has to eat early due to Cubs or Guides commitments.
It’s very filling and tasty; you can serve it with a side salad to make up your 1/3 speed or you can add any other vegetables that you like.
Speedy Chicken Jambalaya
None of the kids knew it was a Slimming World recipe and they all asked for seconds.
We made extra and I saved a couple of portions so I could have them for my lunches the following days 🙂
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Onion - 1 peeled and Chopped
- Garlic cloves - 3 peeled and crushed
- Skinless chicken breasts - 4 cut into bite sized pieces
- Dried long grain rice - 350g
- Boiling chicken stock - 1L
- Smoked paprika - 1 tsp
- Dried parsley - 2 tsp
- Tomato puree - 4 tbsp
- Tabasco sauce - 1/4 tsp
- Red pepper - 1 bottled and roasted in brine, drained and chopped
- Bay leaf - 1
- Frozen mixed vegetables - 300g
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Spray a large, deep non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- Add the onions, garlic and chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the pan and season well.
- Bring to the boil then cover the pan and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes or until the stock is almost absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Serve scattered with parsley
Syn Free on Extra Easy
For more recipes, click here