Scotch Eggs – Slimming World Buffet
The recipe uses Slimming World sausages from Iceland and they work out at 1.5 syns per egg. I prefer to use Tesco Healthy Living Cumberland Sausages. They’re 1 syn each and a Scotch egg uses 4 sausages which makes a quarter of an egg 1.5 syns. I know it’s more syns but I prefer the flavour of the Cumberland Sausages.The Scotch eggs are huge and I would struggle to eat a full one but a quarter of one on a buffet would be perfect for me 🙂
- 4 large Britsh Lion eggs, hard-boiled
- 2 packs Slimming World Iceland pork sausages
- 1-2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 beaten eggs
- 50g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Put four eggs into a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 5-6 minutes then plunge into cold water for another 4 minutes. Carefully peel and set aside.
- Put the bread into a food processor and blitz into fine crumbs. Tip the breadcrumbs onto a wide plate.
- Skin the sausages, it’s less messy if the meat is still frozen. Mix together the sausage meat, curry powder and dried herbs into a food processor. Season and blend until fairly smooth. Transfer to a bowl and divide the mixture into 4 portions.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Flatten a portion of the mixture in your right hand and, with your left hand, take an egg and wrap the mince around it until it’s fully encased. Repeat for the remaining 3 boiled eggs.
- Beat the remaining eggs and dip each Scotch egg in the beaten egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and lightly spray with low-calorie cooking spray.
- Place the Scotch eggs in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Eat hot, or cool completely on kitchen paper and then cover and chill until you’re ready to eat.
Tomorrow’s recipe is for tuna pasta salad.
Please note: I’ve lost 7 and a half stone with Slimming World and kept it off for four years, however, I’m not a Slimming World consultant. I haven’t been trained and I’m not affiliated with Slimming World so please check all your own syn values.