Tuna Pasta Salad – Slimming World Buffet
This can be made a day ahead and kept in the fridge. Any of your favourite salad vegetables can be added. I like onion in my salad but Ant’s not keen on raw onion so we tend to leave it out.
Quantities aren’t very important with this recipe. You can use the vegetables to bulk it out to make it big enough to feed all of your guests.
The quantities I used served 4 of us for 2 main meals.
Tuna Pasta Salad
- 3 cans tuna in brine or spring water
- 3 sticks celery, chopped
- A pack of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cucumber, chopped
- A medium red onion, peeled and chopped
- A tin of sweetcorn
- Bunch of spring onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons Hellman’s extra light mayo (half a syn per tablespoon)
- 300g pasta shapes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions
- While the pasta is cooking, drain the tuna and empty into a big salad bowl
- Add the celery, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, sweetcorn and spring onions to the tuna. Mix well
- Stir in the mayo and mix well.
- When the pasta has cooked, allow to cool before adding to the tuna and vegetables. I leave the pasta in the water while it’s cooling so it doesn’t stick together.
- Mix the pasta into the tuna and mayo mixture and serve.
Tomorrow’s recipe is lamb koftas with a mint yogurt dip.
Please note: I’ve lost 7 and a half stone with Slimming World and kept it off for four years, however, I’m not a Slimming World consultant. I haven’t been trained and I’m not affiliated with Slimming World so please check all your own syn values.