Spiced Rum Cookies – Countdown To Christmas Cookie Recipes
Welcome to day 3 of my Countdown To Christmas Cookie Recipes. Today’s recipe is for Spiced Rum Cookies. If you don’t have any rum and don’t want to buy a bottle just for a recipe, you can substitute with rum flavouring. It’s available in the baking section of most supermarkets.
Tomorrow’s recipe is for Chequerboard Cookies.
Spiced Rum Cookies
- 175g unsalted butter softened plus extra for greasing
- 175g dark muscovado sugar
- 225g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp dark rum
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Grease 3 baking sheets.
- Cream together the butter and sugar and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, coriander, nutmeg and cloves into the creamed mixture.
- Stir the dark rum into the creamed mixture.
- Place 18 spoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spaced well apart.
- Flatten each one slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Leave the biscuits to cool and crisp on wire racks before serving.
For more recipes on Shell Louise, click here