Rudolph Gingerbread – Countdown To Christmas Cookie Recipes
Welcome to day 1 of my Countdown To Christmas Cookie Recipes. Today’s recipe is for Rudolph Gingerbread.
Everyone loves gingerbread here. KayCee and Ella look forward to making a gingerbread house each at Christmas time, not only is it fun to do, it’s delicious!
We all enjoyed eating these Rudolph gingerbread cookies.
Tomorrow’s recipe is for Eggnog Cookies.
- 350g plain flour plus extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 115g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Red Smarties
- Raisins for the eyes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Grease three baking sheets.
- Sift the flour, ginger and bicarbonate of soda together in a bowl.
- Add the butter and rub into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then stir in the brown sugar.
- In another bowl, beat together the egg and golden syrup with a fork.
- Pour this mixture into the flour mixture and mix to make a smooth dough, kneading lightly with your hands.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface to about 5mm thick and cut into shapes using a gingerbread man shaped cutter.
- Transfer the cookies to the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring, using a palette knife, to a wire rack to cool completely.
- One the cookies are cool, mix together the icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth and place into a piping bag fitted with a very small nozzle.
- Pipe Rudolph’s features onto each biscuit, using the icing. Use a red Smartie for the nose and either chocolate drops or raisins for the eyes Leave to set for a few hours.
For more recipes on Shell Louise, click here