Deluxe Prawn Cocktail – Slimming World Recipe
I’ve been getting organised for Christmas since September started. Well, actually, I plan for Christmas all year and buy presents in the summer sales to try and keep the costs down!
I use Pinterest to look for Christmas craft ideas, homemade gifts and recipes for Christmas dinner, among other Christmas things! I don’t know why, though, because I’m one for tradition and balk at the suggestion of change, especially when it comes to the big meal. With that in mind, I opted for an oldie but a goodie for a starter, if you like prawns, that is! This deluxe prawn cocktail starter serves 4 and is 2.5 syns per serving on Extra Easy.
Deluxe Prawn Cocktail Starter
- Extra light mayo – 6 level tbsp
- Tomato ketchup – 2 level tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce – 2 tsp
- Creamed horseradish – 2 level tsp
- A few drops of Tabasco sauce
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g cooked and peeled prawns
- Little Gem lettuce leaves
- Smoked paprika 1 tsp
- Fresh dill sprigs to garnish (optional)
- Lime wedges to serve (optional)
- Mix the mayo, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, Tabasco sauce and lemon juice together in a large bowl. Season to taste and stir in the prawns.
- Divide the Little Gem leaves between four cocktail glasses or small bowls and spoon on the prawns.
- Sprinkle with a little paprika, garnish with the dill and serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.
For more recipes, click here