Pork Kebabs Slimming World Style – Oven or BBQ
As you may know, we’re in the middle of building a new patio so Ant will have a dedicated cooking area.
We plan to have lots more barbecues this summer so I’m getting a collection of recipes together. We love burgers and sausages but they can get a bit boring if you have them too often!
This Slimming World recipe tells you how to cook in the oven as well as on the barbecue, just in case we get the usual British summer weather!
We had our kebabs with Slimming World chips and mushy peas.
Syn free on Extra Easy
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 450g pork fillet, trimmed and cut into 16 cubes
- 2 peppers, deseeded and cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 300g pack cherry tomatoes
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 220°C /200°C Fan/Gas 7 or light the barbecue.
- Mix the tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce and smoked paprika together in a bowl.
- Add the diced pork and marinate for a few hours or overnight
- Thread the pork and vegetables onto skewers and place on a baking tray (if you're using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for a while before threading the food on. It stops the skewers burning in the oven)
- Spray the kebabs with the low-calorie cooking spray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes or on the barbecue until the meat is cooked through.
- Serve with salad and Slimming World wedges.
For more recipes, click here