I didn’t decide to do it until yesterday so I’m proof that it can be done in one day! After getting my list of activities together (I love lists) I set about making the scrolls.
Using Paint Shop Pro and a template I downloaded from Design Dazzle I made 24 little scrolls.
I cut them out then rolled them up like a scroll and tied them with red and green ribbon.
We put one in each little pocket and hung our lovely Santa on the door.
The kids loved him when they came down for breakfast this morning and surprisingly didn’t argue when I told them Aiden could open the first one as he’s the eldest!
Here’s our list:
- Sing Christmas songs
- Write a letter to Santa
- Put up the garlands and decorate the tree
- Have dinner by candlelight
- Paint the salt dough decorations
- Find Christmas games on the PC
- Read a Christmas story by candlelight
- Find Santa in the ‘Where’s Santa?’ book
- Make ice cream sundaes
- Do puzzles from the Christmas annual
- Light candles and listen to Christmas carols
- Make a special gift for Daddy
- Wrap Christmas presents
- Make marshmallow candy cane Twizzlers
- List some things you’re thankful for
- Make paper snowflakes and hang them up
- Go for a drive to see the Christmas lights
- Play ‘Beat the Parents’
- Christmas face painting
- Have a takeaway for dinner
- Bake Christmas cookies
- Make chocolate mallow crunch
- Popcorn and watch a Christmas movie
- Have hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows
I’m linking up with Festive Friday over at Thinly Spread 🙂