We've had our Santa advent since the first Christmas I spent here with Ant and the boys, before I moved in (His 2 youngest boys were still at school. They're now adults and moved out a few years ago).
We used him the first couple of years, just putting Celebration chocolates in his little pockets but then every Christmas since, he's been left in the box.
After seeing a few posts about various advent activities other people do with their children, I thought it would be lovely to surprise the children with :)
I didn't decide to do it until yesterday so I'm proof that it can be done in one day!
I got my list together (I love lists!) then used Paint Shop Pro and a template I downloaded from Design Dazzle to make my 24 notes.
I cut them out then rolled them up like a scroll and tied them with red and green ribbon.
Here's our list:
1) Sing Christmas songs
2) Write a letter to Santa
3) Put up the garlands and decorate the tree
4) Have dinner by candlelight
5) Paint the salt dough decorations
6) Find Christmas games on the pc
7) Read a Christmas story by candlelight
8) Find Santa in the 'Where's Santa?' book
9) Make ice cream sundaes
10) Do puzzles from the Christmas annual
11) Light candles and listen to Christmas carols
12) Make a special gift for Daddy
13) Wrap Christmas presents
14) Make marshmallow candy cane twizzlers - Recipe to follow
15) List some things you're thankful for
16) Make paper snowflakes and hang them up
17) Go for a drive to see the Christmas lights
18) Play 'Beat the Parents'
19) Christmas face painting
20) Have a takeaway for dinner
21) Bake Christmas cookies - Recipe to follow
22) Make chocolate mallow crunch - Recipe to follow
23) Pop corn and watch a Christmas movie
24) Have hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows
I'm linking up with Festive Friday over at Thinly Spread :)