Pumpkin Carving Design Ideas

They always look so easy to do, but when you actually start to carve a pumpkin you realise you were kidding yourself and they’re not easy at all! We’ve tried a few different pumpkin carving designs over the years but inevitably we go back to good old triangles for the eyes and nose and a jagged mouth.

Mind you, we did manage a couple of different designs in 2016, but it wasn’t all plain sailing!

Halloween pumpkin carving
Kaycee Halloween pumpkin carving

Pumpkin Carving Ideas

I really want to try carving a better design in one of our pumpkins this year so I’ve been checking out designs on Pinterest.

I love this cannibalistic pumpkin and what’s more, there’s an excellent tutorial to show us how to do it.

This tutorial from The Telegraph has links to pumpkin carving design templates.

If you have a pumpkin design you’re proud of, please feel free to share a link in the comments 🙂

I’m taking part in Blogtober18 with Mandi at Big Family Organised Chaos

1. Stressed Rach 7th October 2018 at 2:35 pm

I look at other peoples pumpkin carvings and think wow I wanna do that but it’s so hard I get annoyed and just do the standard lol #Blogtober18

2. Bex Bodkin 4th October 2018 at 8:18 pm

OMG WOW! These pumpkins are something my husband would no doubt try, I spotted pumpkins at Waitrose earlier today. I’m going to have to pick him a couple up to play with soon. Brill carving ideas! x

3. Kim Carberry 4th October 2018 at 11:06 am

These are fab!
    We always do triangle eyes and a mouth. lol That’s it. We always have a lot of fun though x

4. Tina @ girlsgospel.com 4th October 2018 at 10:30 am

There are some amazing ideas out there! We’ve got about 30 on our allotment so I have got plenty to practice on before the big day haha

5. MotherGeek 4th October 2018 at 10:30 am

I”m useless! So much so, ClearlyBex’s husband carved me a batman one a few years ago and then had it couriered to me haha!

6. mebecomingmum 4th October 2018 at 9:21 am

I love pumpkin carving! I’m most proud of the My Little Pony one my daughter requested last year: https://www.instagram.com/p/BbAvpNUlatt/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ofmf93h04lrn