Pumpkin Carving Design Ideas

They always look so easy to do, but when you actually start to carve a pumpkin you realise you were kidding yourself and they’re not easy at all! We’ve tried a few different pumpkin carving designs over the years but inevitably we go back to good old triangles for the eyes and nose and a jagged mouth.

Mind you, we did manage a couple of different designs in 2016, but it wasn’t all plain sailing!

Halloween pumpkin carving

Kaycee Halloween pumpkin carving

Pumpkin Carving Ideas

I really want to try carving a better design in one of our pumpkins this year so I’ve been checking out designs on Pinterest.

I love this cannibalistic pumpkin and what’s more, there’s an excellent tutorial to show us how to do it.

cannibalistic pumpkin carving from Chopcow.com
Image Source & Tutorial

This tutorial from The Telegraph has links to pumpkin carving design templates.

pumpkin carving from The Telegraph
Image Source & Tutorial
3D pumpkin carving You Tube tutorial
Image Source & Tutorial

If you have a pumpkin design you’re proud of, please feel free to share a link in the comments 🙂

I’m taking part in Blogtober18 with Mandi at Big Family Organised Chaos

1. Stressed Rach 7th October 2018 at 2:35 pm

I look at other peoples pumpkin carvings and think wow I wanna do that but it’s so hard I get annoyed and just do the standard lol #Blogtober18

2. Bex Bodkin 4th October 2018 at 8:18 pm

OMG WOW! These pumpkins are something my husband would no doubt try, I spotted pumpkins at Waitrose earlier today. I’m going to have to pick him a couple up to play with soon. Brill carving ideas! x

3. Kim Carberry 4th October 2018 at 11:06 am

These are fab!
    We always do triangle eyes and a mouth. lol That’s it. We always have a lot of fun though x

4. Tina @ girlsgospel.com 4th October 2018 at 10:30 am

There are some amazing ideas out there! We’ve got about 30 on our allotment so I have got plenty to practice on before the big day haha

5. MotherGeek 4th October 2018 at 10:30 am

I”m useless! So much so, ClearlyBex’s husband carved me a batman one a few years ago and then had it couriered to me haha!

6. mebecomingmum 4th October 2018 at 9:21 am

I love pumpkin carving! I’m most proud of the My Little Pony one my daughter requested last year: https://www.instagram.com/p/BbAvpNUlatt/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ofmf93h04lrn