Apple Scones Recipe
With an abundance of apples this year, I’m trying lots of new recipes to use them up! Today we have a recipe for Apple scones and we’ve served them with bramble jam and cream. Delicious!
- 225g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 50g butter
- 4 tbsp golden caster sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 125ml milk, plus extra for brushing
- Fresh cream and bramble jam to serve – we got ur bramble jam from Tesco
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7
- Tip the flour into a large bowl with the butter then rub in using fingers until the mix looks like fine crumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and cinnamon, add the apple and give everything a mix.
- Pour in the milk and stir it in quickly, then fold dough over 2-3 times until it’s a little smoother.
- Tip onto a lightly floured surface; pat into a round about 3cm deep.
- Dip a 6cm cutter into some flour then cut out scones, flouring the cutter each time.
- Squash offcuts lightly back into a round and repeat until all dough is used up.
- Brush tops with a little milk then place on to a lightly floured baking sheet and bake for 18-20 mins until risen and golden.
- Allow to cool on the tray.
- To serve, split scones then spread with a dollop of cream and a spoonful of bramble jam.