Slimming World Lasagne
Lasagne, Slimming World style
Lasagne is one of our favourite meals. We don’t make it nearly often enough and I’m not sure why because it’s a really easy recipe.
This recipe is a bit different to the syn free version. It uses a tin of Asda macaroni cheese whizzed up, for the white sauce. The syn free version uses yogurt for the white sauce and we’re not as keen on that version.
- 500g of 5% or less minced beef
- 1 each, red, yellow and green pepper, deseeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 250g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp dried, mixed herbs
- splash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef oxo
- salt and pepper
- 12 dried lasagne sheets (or as many as needed)
- 1 tin Asda smart price macaroni cheese (3 syns per tin)
- 160g reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Fry light
Syns per serving – I count it as 1 syn even though it’s slightly less. If not using the cheese as your healthy extra, it will be 7 syns per serving.
- Spray a large frying pan with fry light and add the chopped onion and peppers. Fry until soft.
- Add the minced beef, salt, and pepper, garlic, and mixed herbs. Stir fry until meat is cooked.
- Add the mushrooms and stir-fry until cooked.
- Crumble the beef oxo into the mixture then add the chopped tomatoes and splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix well and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the meat mixture is simmering, empty the macaroni cheese into a jug and use a hand blender to blend until smooth. It’s quite thick so add water until it becomes a nice sauce.
- In a lasagne dish, cover the bottom of the dish with the meat mixture.
- Cover the meat mixture with the lasagne sheets then add another layer of the meat mixture.
- Continue layering the meat mixture and lasagne sheets until you get near the top of the dish.
- On the top lasagne layer, pour over the macaroni cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the cheese all over and bake in a pre-heated oven, 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6 for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with a large mixed salad.