Dear Diary – November 17th

Home / Family / Dear Diary – November 17th
November 17th. Dear Diary

November 17th – I can’t believe I forgot to do my weekly post again last week and this one should have been posted yesterday!

Well, that’s not exactly true, I can believe it because my memory is rubbish and I forgot to set a reminder on my phone!
I’m doing that now so I don’t forget again 🙂

Our week included a birthday for the super wonderful husband, a Chinese takeaway paid for by him with his birthday money as a treat for us! A new role for Kaycee at school and a lovely birthday lunch at the pub where one of Ant’s older children works.

It was really nice spending time with Kellyann, Jervais, Granddad, Jourdain and his girlfriend, Nettie. It’s not often Ant gets to spend time with his older children without the small ones being around so they went to Nanny’s for the afternoon while we for lunch.

The girls had already celebrated with Ant on his birthday, making him gingerbread cards instead of paper cards and instead of a cake because he’s not a big fan of cake!
Ella decided she didn’t want to make a card, though, she wanted to make Christmas cookies for daddy instead!

November 17th - Gingerbread Birthday Card

November 17th - Birthday presents and cards on the coffee table

November 17th - Close-up of Birthday presents and cards

The next day we also celebrated with a Chinese takeaway. I cracked open the Shloer that I’d been saving for Christmas and Ant fetched some lager from the off-licence. He doesn’t drink very often so it was a nice birthday treat for him.
The kids thought it was great to be able to sit in front of the tv with their takeaway and Shloer and watch Diary of a Wimpy Kid 🙂

The Chinese meal was delicious and totally worth however many syns it was because I’d not had a Chinese in over a year!
The next afternoon I also had fish and chips for lunch so I’m not expecting great things at my weigh in on Wednesday but life is for living and I’ll be sure to have a better week this week 🙂

Kaycee’s very excited to be taking on a new role at school, that of junior PCSO. She had to write a speech and read it to her class so they could vote for who they thought would make the best PCSOs. I think three children were picked and she was so happy when she told me she was one of them 😀

I think that’s about it for this week 🙂

11 thoughts on “Dear Diary – November 17th

1. A card you can eat? That's winning right there! A great idea for a post too! I used to love writing a diary when I was younger! xx

2. Polly Davies says:

love the gingerbread card!!! And yes please to a Chinese 😉

3. Kara Guppy says:

The gingerbread card is such a fabulous idea and well done K on becoming a PSCO

4. Bek says:

Gingerbread cards-what a great idea! I might steal that one 😉 I'm pleased to hear that he had such a good birthday. All this talk of having a Chinese has made me hungry though!

5. Sylvia F. says:

Sounds like you had a fab week! I'm looking forward to my few days off this week so I can organize the house and find some time to relax 🙂

6. Sounds like a fab birthday to me x

7. oana79 says:

Oh,sound like he had a lovely birthday due to all your efforts, I am sure he was well pleased to have such a loving family!xx

8. Jen Walshaw says:

I love the idea of gingerbread cards. I must remember that for next year. so cool

9. Love that gingerbread card.
    My kids love sitting in front of the TV eating as a special treat too

10. I hope your hubby had a fab birthday it looks like he did, what a lovely idea to make gingerbread cards! Fabulous.

11. Snoskred says:

Hey there, I found you via the NaBloPoMo blogroll.

I *love* this idea of gingerbread cards. That is such a brilliant idea, I might make it my Christmas thing this year. I will of course cheat, and buy premade "Pepperkrakor" dough from Ikea. 🙂

As part of NaBloPoMo I try to comment on as many participating blogs as I can, and I also add participating blogs to my feed reader.

So I’m just dropping by to let you know I’ve added your blog to my feedreader, I’m reading you loud and clear, I have a link up going at my place so my readers can find participating blogs which you are more than welcome to add your blog link to.

Looking forward to seeing your posts. You may see me drop by again during November, but it might be December before I finish my first drop by to blogs if I don't get faster at leaving comments. 🙂

Happy NaBloPoMo to you!