Christmas bark is one of the easiest homemade gifts to make. Everyone always seems to enjoy receiving it, if we manage to get it to the packaging stage! If you’re planning on making some Christmas bark and you have children, it’s probably a good idea […]
I’ve never tasted Gin. Ever. I’m a 42-year-old Gin virgin!
Gin seems to be everywhere at the moment. B&M are even selling a Gin advent calendar. There are loads of different flavours around. I figured rather just having a bottle of plain Gin at our Christmas party, I’d make a flavoured one and seeing as it’s Autumn now and blackberries are in abundance, we’d try making a blackberry Gin.
Ant is very much looking forward to this being ready. We put it all in the jar on October 1st and his birthday is in the middle of November so it’ll be ready in time for him to celebrate!
- 300g Blackberries
- 110g Caster Sugar
- 70cl Gin
You Will Need:
- Sterilised Bottles
- A large jar
- Place the blackberries and sugar into a large sterilised jar. You can sterilise the jar by washing in hot soapy water, rinsing well then drying in a pre-heated oven 120C/Gas 1 for 10-15 minutes. If using a Kilner jar, boil the rubber seal as the heat from the oven will damage them.
- Pour the Gin into the jar and seal. Give it a good shake.
- Shake it every day for about a week to make sure the sugar is dissolved.
- Leave it for at least 4 weeks before drinking. It can be left for up to 3 months.
- When you’re ready to transfer to a bottle, remember to sterilise it first then strain the mixture through a muslin cloth. You don’t need the berries anymore but they’ll be lovely served over some vanilla ice cream or in a glass of Prosecco
KayCee was excited when she heard it was desserts week and asked if she could make this week’s recipe. Then she watched GBBO and wasn’t interested in making any of those desserts so Ant made white chocolate blancmange 🙂 He didn’t make the accompanying biscuits […]
The one thing I truly miss since joining Slimming World is Dominos ham and mushroom pizza. I stay away from it because as nice as it is, it’s not worth all those syns. This farmhouse pizza omelette tastes lovely and works for me when I’m […]
Ant and KayCee love cherries. They especially love fresh cherries and now’s the time to enjoy the different varieties that are available while they’re in season. I used a punnet of fresh cherries to make this Cherry Cheesecake Slimming World recipe so I could enjoy […]
I love tuna but I’d only ever had it out of a tin and mixed with mayo! This recipe for barbecue grilled tuna from Slimming World is perfect on a hot summers day served with a huge mixed salad. This dish is perfect to cook […]