Benefits of Using a Whole Home Water Filter
This is a collaborative post
Being able to have clean water delivered to our homes is one of the benefits of modern living. The water systems that we have today allow the water to be treated and tested, in order to make sure that is is safe for cooking, drinking, cleaning, etc. The easy way to make sure that your water is of the purest quality is to add a home water filtration system.
It does not matter if your water comes from a well or the municipality, you want to be sure that it is safe for you and your family. Even if your water tests free from contaminants, high levels of certain minerals can change the taste and even affect the way your washing machine or dishwasher performs. The best way to solve this problem is to install a filtration system in your home.
What is a Whole House Water Filter System?
There are different types of methods used for home filtration systems. Which one you choose to use, depends on your unique needs — visit Quality Water Lab to see which system is right for you.
- A whole-house system is a direct connection to your main water supply inlet and filters the water for the entire home – this is costly upfront, however, in the long run, this type of system will save you a lot of money and longevity on your appliances as well.
- Reverse osmosis systems, which are rated as the best type available. They force water through a thin membrane and they can handle large amounts of water, filtering almost all of the contaminants out of the water. These systems are mainly used to provide water to the whole home.
- Ion exchange systems, also known as water softeners, are designed to be used for the entire home. This means that all of the water in your home will get the same great treatment and taste.
- Undersink water filtration systems are the most cost-effective type of system to purchase, which is why they are very popular. These types of systems are usually attached to the faucet, before the actual faucet itself. The water then flows through the carbon filter, where it is then filtered before it runs through into your glass or bottle. These particular filters are very easy to install and will not break the bank. The filters will need to be replaced on a regular basis, and they do not cover your entire home, which is the only negative aspect of this type of filter.
7 Benefits of Installing a Whole House Water Filtration System
- Having safe drinking water.
Not having safe drinking water available can lead to dire consequences. Certain pollutants like heavy metals can cause serious health issues. While most of the US municipal filtration systems do their utmost to treat the water, there is always a small chance that they might have a system failure, so it is advisable to be extra safe. By installing the best whole house water filter to suit your needs is actually an investment, rather than an expense.
- Saving money
An average family will drink between 2 and 3 bottles of water per day, and if you add up the cost of buying that amount of bottled water, you will find it to be in excess of $500 per year. Once you have installed your water filtration, you will easily be able to get that money back.
- Preserve the environment
You most likely have heard the stories and seen the images of what plastic products are doing to our environment. By everyone taking the step to avoid buying plastic products, we can actually slow-down the terrible effect that society is having on our natural world. Even if you are a concerned citizen and you recycle, you can never be 100% sure that the waste products are being disposed of in the correct manner. Taking away plastic products can significantly reduce this already dire problem.
- Minimize plumbing problems
Chemicals, minerals, and heavy metals that are present in your water can cause your water-using appliances and pipes to get damaged or corroded. By minimizing the possibility of this happening, you will automatically be prolonging the life of your appliances and pipes
- Skin irritation – preventing it
Anyone who suffers from skin irritations as psoriasis or eczema will have very negative side-effects from using water that contains high levels of things like chlorine. When you have a water filtration system installed in your home, you lower the risk of this happening. Even if you do not suffer from any type of skin irritation, nothing can top the feeling of a bath in fresh, clean, pure water.
- Save on washing detergent and have cleaner clothing
Water that contains a high concentration of minerals can actually break down the soap, making it less effective. When you have a filtration system in place, you will clearly notice that your appliances clean your clothes and dishes much better than before. You will also notice that you do not have so much mineral deposits building ups.
- It changes the taste of the water
The human body needs water and it is one of the best fluids for us to consume. Water keeps you healthy and having great tasting water to enjoy will make it easier for you to include more of it in your daily diet. Having a home water filtration system in your home makes setting pure, clean water as easy as opening the tap.