Every Pretty Thing – Book Review #11

If you know me at all, you’ll know that I have to read book series in order, just like I have to watch TV series in order.
You’ll understand how I felt then when I tell you that after reading Every Pretty Thing and going to Goodreads to update my list, I saw that somehow I’d read book 7 of the series instead of book 6.

I really have no idea how it happened; I always check Goodreads when I’m reading a series to make sure I get them in the right order.

Every Pretty Thing

Here’s the blurb from Goodreads:

She came to find her friend.
Instead she found a killer.

Serial killer expert Darby McCormick gets a call from FBI Agent Jackson Cooper, who has been contacted by a woman who’s been in hiding for twenty years.

She was one of the only survivors of a murderer who has been carving a dark path across America for decades. Cooper believes he may have tracked this psychopath to the wilds of Montana.

Now, he needs Darby’s help to bring him in. But when she arrives Cooper has vanished without a trace.

Something is very wrong – and as the trail goes cold, Darby is all alone in a strange town, stalked by an unseen predator who wants to add another victim to his collection…

My Thoughts

I was very glad to be back with Darby and Coop and I felt Darby’s pain when Coop went missing. There’s a twist near the end that I totally didn’t see coming, but it had me on the edge of my seat. I was really worried about Darby, but I knew she was going to be alright because there was another book, or so I thought!

This is one of my favourite books from the series and I hope Chris Mooney writes another book about Darby.

Every Pretty Thing by Chris Mooney

Goodreads 2019 reading challenge 11 books read

MamaMummyMum

For more book-related posts, click here

1. mumjd 28th March 2019 at 9:44 pm

Did you immediately start reading book 6 when you realised?

1. shelllouise 29th March 2019 at 2:02 pm

No, I didn’t because I’ve been trying to space out the books when they’re in a series after reading loads of Harlan Coben’s books one after the other last year and getting a bit fed up of the characters after a while!
      I’ll start in a couple of weeks 🙂

2. Catherine @ Story Snug 28th March 2019 at 1:22 pm

I’m like you and like to read books in order. I hope it didn’t make too much of a difference that you missed one.

#ReadWithMe

1. shelllouise 29th March 2019 at 2:03 pm

It was ok, but I don’t know how reading book 6 is going to go now I’ve already read book 7!

3. Chantelle Hazelden (@MamaMummyMum) 27th March 2019 at 6:20 am

Did it make a real difference not reading them in order or did it work as a stand alone? #readwithme

1. shelllouise 27th March 2019 at 8:34 am

I didn’t get any of the usual feelings that I may have missed something so it worked as a stand alone, thankfully! 🙂

4. sarahmo3w 26th March 2019 at 4:36 pm

This series always sounds good from your reviews. I would imagine when a series gets as far as book six or seven that it doesn’t make a huge amount of difference if you read them out of order, although I know you always like to read them in order!